Can I claim for wheelchairs via Extras cover?
To claim, you need to:
- be on Top Extras cover with any applicable waiting period served
- submit a completed Aids and Appliances form (signed by your doctor).
You may be able to claim towards:
- motorised and non-motorised wheelchairs
- wheelchair hire
- wheelchair repairs (incl. batteries).
You can’t claim towards:
- motorised scooters
- wheelchair modifications.
The Wheelchair benefit has an annual sub-limit (the maximum amount you can claim in a calendar year) and an overall limit of one wheelchair every five years.