I want to use the Mental Health Waiver – how do I do this?
Here are the steps:
- Check your eligibility
First, please ensure you’re eligible to access the waiver. It’s available to members who:
- Already have restricted cover for Hospital psychiatric services
- Have had that cover for at least two months
- Are prepared to upgrade to Top Hospital (Gold)
- Haven’t used the waiver before – it can be used by each person on a membership, but only once per person in their lifetime.
- Gather the key info
When you contact us to apply the waiver, we’ll ask you:
When to apply it?
- Right away – this will cover you for an immediate/imminent admission
- Backdated – apply the waiver up to 5 days after your hospital admission and you can claim costs from the date you were admitted. Any longer than 5 days and it’ll be from the date you applied the waiver.
- Future – tell us when you want the waiver to come into effect.
Which hospital excess you’ve chosen?
When you upgrade to Top Hospital (Gold), we’ll ask you to choose from 3 hospital excess options:
- Contact us
Depending on the urgency of your request, you can: