Who can claim towards travel expenses?

You can claim towards your travel expenses if you:

  • Need to see a specialist or allied health professional more than 100km away (200km round trip) because there isn’t one closer to home.
  • Have Top Extras (with the 2-month waiting period served).

Reasons for travel may include:

  • Hospital treatment
  • Specialist consultation
  • Specialist dental treatment
  • Allied health practitioner appointment.


Government subsidies

It’s worth finding out if you qualify for a government subsidy for this one, as they may cover travel and accommodation costs.

Select your state or territory to learn more:

ACT | NSW | NT | Qld | SA | Tas | Vic | WA