At the start of each academic year, we check if your child will be staying on your cover or getting their own membership.
Please let us know which of the below applies to your child by 1 March 2020.
1. Still a full-time student, trainee or apprentice
Your child can stay on your membership as a Student Dependant if they're:
- under 25
- a full-time student, trainee or apprentice
- not married or in a de-facto relationship.
What to do
Update their details at Online Member Services before 1 March 2020 (to make sure they stay on your membership).
- Log in to Online Member Services
- Go to My membership > People covered
- Select your child, and click Edit
- Update the student declaration section and Submit your changes.
Don't have Online Member Services set up? You can update their details via this form.
2. Not a full-time student, trainee or apprentice
If your child doesn’t meet the Student Dependant criteria, consider:
Extended Family cover
Your child can stay on your membership until their 25th birthday (if they’re not married or in a de-facto relationship)~. To learn more about upgrading to Extended Family Cover, call us on 1300 344 000 before 1 March 2020.
~Extended Family Cover isn't an option if you're on StarterPak or Emergency Ambulance cover.
Their own cover
If it's time for your child to get their own membership, we're here to help them understand their cover options. You can:
- submit a contact form, and we'll get in touch with them directly
- call us on 1300 344 000 and we'll explore what's right for them.
Here are a couple of offers you can take advantage of:
We'll give your child one free month of cover* as a welcome gift. And, if they join within 2 months of coming off your membership on an equivalent (or lower) level of Hospital and/or Extras cover, they won't need to re-serve waiting periods. Plus, if they decide to join with a higher level of Extras cover, we'll waive the 2 & 6 month waits on those Extras services too.
We’re here to help
As always, we’re here to answer any questions you might have.
Terms and conditions
*One month of free cover for ex-dependants terms & conditions:
1. Ex-student dependants receive one month free cover plus we will waive the 2 & 6 month waiting periods on Extras.
2. This offer is only available to ex-student dependants who have been removed from their parent's existing Nurses & Midwives Health membership who take out their own membership within two months of being removed from their parent’s membership.
3. The new member must select a Direct Debit payment plan.
4. One month's free cover is applied to the second month of the new membership, upon successful receipt of the new member's first contribution payment.
5. If there is a gap in cover over two months, all waiting periods must be re-served.
6. Waiting periods for any benefits not covered on the ex-dependant's parent's cover will still apply.
7. To retain any loyalty benefits accrued, the new membership must start from the day after the student was removed from their parent's policy.
8. The offer does not apply to Ambulance only policies.
* Eligibility criteria and conditions apply. Offer is available to current members who refer an eligible friend or family member to join Nurses & Midwives Health before 29 February 2020. When joining online, over the phone or in person with a Business Development Officer the new member must quote your membership number. Click here for terms and conditions.