Claiming for Extras
Our Extras products provide benefits for a range of lifestyle services not generally covered by Medicare, such as optical, dental, physio, chiro and remedial massage. You can make a claim for Extras benefits in several easy and convenient ways. Claims can only be made for services received in Australia from recognised providers.
On the spot (HICAPS)
Simply present your membership card to participating providers to be swiped at the time of service and the claim will be processed automatically. You will only be required to pay the balance remaining after the Fund benefit has been paid. To avoid any confusion, ask your service provider if they offer this service before commencing your treatment.
Download the claiming app for your Apple or Android device, take a photo of your official receipt* and submit your claim. Just make sure that you keep your original receipts for two years. For more information or to download the app, click here.
Submit a Claim Form
Complete a claim form, attach your invoice or receipt and submit it to us:
- by mail to Nurses & Midwives Health, GPO Box 3874, Sydney NSW 2001
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your claim form has been processed we will deposit the payment directly into your nominated account.
A receipt must be on official letterhead or stamped with a provider stamp containing the:
- name of the practitioner providing the service
- address where the service was provided
- contact number for the provider
- provider number (where available or practical) and/or registration number of provider with professional associations
If an account or receipt is produced electronically it should be signed at the time of issue either by the provider or their representative.
The receipt should be itemised with the following details:
- the name of the patient receiving the service
- the date of each individual service provided
- the type of each individual service provided
- the cost of each individual service provided
- a body part identifier, prescription/script number or tooth identification where required
- whether the account has been paid or not
Please note: handwritten provider details and alterations to accounts will not be accepted.