Supporting members with weight loss
The Total Wellbeing Lifestyle Plan is all about supporting eligible Nurses & Midwives Health members to lose weight to optimise their health and wellbeing*.
The 24-week program takes place online and over the phone, providing personalised weight loss support from the privacy of your home.
The Total Wellbeing Lifestyle Plan is an evidence-based program that can help with weight loss and managing chronic conditions such as joint pain, prediabetes and type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. It uses the online program from the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet combined with Total Wellbeing Health Coaching support sessions from an accredited practicing dietitian, helping you keep on track and get the most out of the program.
The Total Wellbeing Lifestyle Plan is available to eligible Nurses & Midwives Health members at no additional cost.
How it works
When we have all relevant referrals and checks in place for you, Digital Wellness carries out a comprehensive assessment to help you identify your goals and set up your personalised plan.
Support services include:
- Up to 15 one-to-one Total Wellbeing Health Coaching sessions with a dietitian over the phone, regularly throughout the 24-week program
- High protein, low GI eating plan from the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet online program
- Weekly menu plans including recipes
- Optional exercise plans that can be done in the comfort of your home
- Companion iOS app to keep you on track
- Education material on managing chronic conditions, available online to access when it suits you
- An online food and weight diary to track your progress
- Positive psychology tools to help boost your mood
- Community support forums
*The Total Wellbeing Lifestyle Plan is for members with a BMI of 30+, or a BMI of 28+ for those with a health condition that would benefit from weight loss, and for whom weight loss is safe and medically appropriate. To be eligible for the program you must be a member of Nurses & Midwives Health and have Hospital cover (excluding StarterPak) with all relevant waiting periods served. Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This program is brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services ('Healthcare Services'), an initiative of Teachers Health, to support members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management. Eligible members are connected with a dedicated Healthcare Services care coordinator who supports them along the way.