Get personalised weight loss support from the privacy of your home, with the Digital Wellness weight management program.
Digital Wellness is an evidence-based program that can help with weight loss and managing chronic conditions such as joint pain, prediabetes and type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. It uses the online program from the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet combined with personalised support sessions from an accredited practicing dietitian, helping you keep on track and get the most out of the program.
The 24-week program takes place online and over the phone, with the option to connect to an online community to share challenges and wins!
- A healthcare assessment with a registered nurse to identify your goals
- Up to 15 one-to-one coaching sessions with a dietitian over the phone, regularly throughout the 24-week program
- High protein, low GI eating plan from the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet online program
- Weekly menu plans including delicious recipes
- Optional exercise plans that can be done in the comfort of your home
- Companion iOS app to keep you on track
- Education material on managing chronic conditions, available online to access when it suits you
- An online food and weight diary to track your progress
- Positive psychology tools to help boost your mood
- Community support forums
Accessing the program
The Digital Wellness Weight Management Program is for people with a BMI of 30+, or a BMI of 28+ for those with an eligible health condition.
To access the program, you must be a member of Nurses & Midwives Health and have Hospital cover (excluding Mid Silver Plus and StarterPak) with all relevant waiting periods served. Additional eligibility criteria may apply*.
*The Digital Wellness Weight Management Program is for people with a BMI of 30+, or a BMI of 28+ for those with a health condition that would benefit from weight loss, and for whom weight loss is safe and medically appropriate. This program is brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services, an initiative of Teachers Health to support members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services. To be eligible for a program you must be a member of Nurses & Midwives Health and have Hospital cover with all relevant waiting periods served. Additional eligibility criteria may apply. Eligible members are connected with a dedicated Teachers Healthcare Services care coordinator who supports them on their personal journey