How do I add my partner to my membership?
If you’re currently on Single or Single Parent cover, you’ll need to move onto a Couple or Family membership (whichever is relevant to you).
Before making any changes, you can get a quote for your new cover.
Please also consider the following:
- Lifetime Health Cover – will your partner have a loading? If so, how will this affect your premium?
- Private Health Insurance Rebate – will their income change your rebate tier?
- Waiting periods – if your partner hasn’t had health cover before – or it’s more than 60 days since their previous cover ended – Hospital and/or Extras waiting periods will apply (for them).
Ready to make the change?
You can do this online anytime. Here’s how:
- Log in
- Go to My membership
- Select People covered
- Click Add person
- Select Other dep child or adult
- Select Relationship
- Select Gender
- Select Title
- Enter Name
- Enter Date of birth
- (Optional) Email address
- (Optional) To enter their Medicare card details tick the box
- (Optional) Enter Medicare details
- Select If person had previous cover
- Enter Previous cover details
- Click Next
- Accept Declaration
- Click Submit
Your next payment
Please note that adding your partner may impact your ‘paid-to date’ (i.e. if your premium is increasing, your next payment may be due sooner).
To check your paid-to date:
- Log in
- Go to Payments
- Click on Contribution details
- See Paid-to date