Giving back to members
Updated 22 June 2022
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, Teachers Health Group* has maintained that any claims savings due to COVID-19 will be passed back to members.
That's why we’re returning approximately $31 million to members via our COVID savings give-back.
These measures build on our existing COVID support package, which includes:
- Freezing premium increases until October 2022
- Rolling unused Annual Extras Benefit Limits over to 2022
- Physical and mental health support
- Financial hardship assistance
* Teachers Health Group includes Teachers Health, UniHealth and Nurses & Midwives Health
Extras benefit limits usually reset on 1 January each year – not this time!
Yoyo-ing COVID-19 restrictions may have stopped you from making full use of your Extras, so we’re giving you more time to get maximum value from your cover by rolling over unused Annual Benefit Limits from 2021 to 2022.
You can check your 2022 limits through Online Member Services or via our mobile app.
Physical and mental health support
At the start of the pandemic, we introduced the following measures – they’ve since been extended to 31 December 2022:
- Telehealth – We’ve always paid benefits towards telepsychology under Extras cover. We’ve since extended this to a wider range of services, including physio, chiro and speech therapy.
- Mental Wellness Program – This phone-based program is always available to eligible members^ with Hospital cover via Teachers Healthcare Services.
More on mental health support during COVID-19
- Cover for COVID-19 – Members on all levels of Hospital cover are covered for COVID-19 admissions, including cover for any adverse reaction or side-effect to a COVID-19 vaccine which requires admission to hospital. This is especially relevant for members on our Basic Plus products StarterPak, Basic Hospital and Mid Hospital (who wouldn’t have had full cover for COVID-19 admissions otherwise).
- New Family Program – our New Family Program remains open to more members^ with Hospital cover. This is to help families who may struggle to access standard ante and postnatal services during COVID-19.
^This program is brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services, an initiative of Teachers Health to support members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services. To be eligible for this program you must be a member of Nurses & Midwives Health and have Hospital cover with all relevant waiting periods served. Additional eligibility criteria may apply. Eligible members are connected with a dedicated Teachers Healthcare Services care coordinator who supports them on their personal journey.