New family program
We understand that starting a family can be challenging. The New Family program has been developed in collaboration with early childhood experts, Safe Sleep Space & Nourish Perinatal Wellness with the aim of helping our members to navigate through pregnancy and the early parenting period with a newborn baby through to the toddler stage. The innovative and specialised program provides practical information and support on a range of early parenting matters. Topics include pregnancy health, labour, birth, breastfeeding, parenthood, infant and toddler sleep & settling.
Members participating in the program receive:
- Platinum membership to Nourish Learning Hub – Access to Nourish’s online antenatal and early parenting program. Learn from qualified midwives, lactation consultants, child health nurses, sleep consultants, psychologists, parent educators and more. Topics include pregnancy health, labour, birth, breastfeeding, parenthood, infant and toddler sleep & settling. Your membership also includes a confidential emotional health screen.
- Halo sleep sack swaddle (newborn size).
The HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle replaces loose blankets in the cot that can cover your baby’s face and interfere with breathing. 3-way adjustable swaddle adjusts to your baby’s sleep style. Swaddle arms in, hands-to-face, one or both arms out to ensure baby’s best sleep and an easy and gentle transition to the SleepSack® wearable blanket when it is time to stop swaddling. Recognised as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
Members participating in the program also receive access to telephone consultations with a trained Safe Sleep Space consultant. Based on individual circumstances, the consultations will support members through any early parenting challenges, particularly concerning infant sleep and settling.
Can any member access the program?
To be eligible for this program you must be a member of Nurses & Midwives Health and have Hospital Cover with all waiting periods served and be expecting a baby or have a baby who is less than three months old. Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
To find out more, contact Nurses & Midwives Health on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 344 000. Eligible members will then be connected with a dedicated Nurses & Midwives Healthcare Services care coordinator who will support members on their personal journey.
How do I register for the program?
How the program is delivered:
The program is delivered in three parts;
- Following registration, you will be contacted by Nurses & Midwives Healthcare Services on behalf of Nurses & Midwives Health to explain what happens next. Prior to baby’s arrival you will receive your new Family Gift from Nurses & Midwives Health. This kit will include your:
- 12-month Platinum Nourish Baby membership
- HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle
- Safe Sleep Space will email you prior to your due date with the date of your first telephone consultation. Please note if this time is not suitable it can easily be changed by calling Safe Sleep Space on 1300 775 337.
- You will receive telephone support calls based on your personal situation and needs with a Safe Sleep Space Consultant. These telephone consultations will be provided around three weeks and again around three months following the birth of your baby. Safe Sleep Space will remind you, by text, prior to your telephone booking times.
Other important information about the program:
- Nurses & Midwives Health members must register directly via Nurses & Midwives Health.
- Once a member is registered by Nurses & Midwives Health, it is understood that Nurses & Midwives Health has only referred members to Safe Sleep Space with their expressed consent for Nurses & Midwives Healthcare Services to transfer their personal details to Safe Sleep Space as well as a referral summary.
- Furthermore, Nurses & Midwives Health will only accept members into the program (and hence refer to Safe Sleep Space) if they, the member, consent to have their care summary transferred to Nurses & Midwives Healthcare Services.
- Your information provided to Safe Sleep Space will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of providing you with the program.
- De-identified program data will be provided to your Insurance Company by Safe Sleep Space purely to assess the success of and for improvements to delivering the program.
- If members no longer wish to be a part of the program, they are permitted to opt out at any time by emailing ‘optout’ to email@example.com.
- This program is brought to members through Nurses & Midwives Healthcare Services, an initiative of Nurses & Midwives Health to support our members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services.
This program is brought to members through Teachers Healthcare Services, an initiative of Nurses & Midwives Health to support our members’ health and wellbeing through quality, evidence-based health management programs and services. To be eligible for this program you must be a member of Nurses & Midwives Health, hold an eligible Hospital product with all waiting periods served, and be expecting a baby or have a baby who is less than three months old. Please note members with StarterPak cover are not eligible to join this program. Additional eligibility criteria may apply. To find out more, contact Nurses & Midwives Health on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 344 000. Eligible members will then be connected with a dedicated Nurses & Midwives Health Services care coordinator who will support members on their personal journey.